DataObjects.Net v4.3 is the first fully commercial version in v4 branch, so if you're going to use this version, you'll need a license (but you still can use v4.2.X versions absolutely for free). Licenses of existing customers were converted to new license types according to the following rules:
- Old Enterprise licenses were converted to new Ultimate licenses;
- Any other old licenses were converted to new Professional licenses.
Note that now we bind a number of hardware licenses to each primary license, and this number is finite for Professional license. So if you need additional hardware licenses for your existing Professional license, please notify us - we will activate them for free, if the original license isn't expired yet.
This is the first time we switch from less to more restrictive licensing model, so there can be some issues. Please contact us, if:
- You feel you must have (or need) another license type accordingly with your original purchase.
- Expiration date of your subscription must be different.
- You need additional hardware licenses.
- You experience any issues with license activation.
- You need to prolong your trial (this is possible - I'll make an additional post about this).
- We didn't prolong or issue your free license. Most likely (e.g. if there is any work in progress, etc.) we'll prolong it for free. Please read this post, if you'd like to get a free license.
- Your free license is about to expire, please contact us as well. Shortly we'll review the expiration dates of such licenses, so some of them might be fixed (e.g. there are people that must have lifetime licenses, but currently all the dates are automatically set to 2 year period at max).
- You experience any issues related to PostSharp license check. We've got lots of questions related to PostSharp licensing, so I recommend you to read these threads for details: 1, 2 and 3.
- There is anything else - important or unexpected.
- Nightly builds for v4.3 will be available during this week.
- There is a chance installers will be updated once more on this week - we'll try to fix all the issues related to licensing almost instantly, especially if they'll be blocking.
Fastest ways to contact us, if there is something urgent:
- Skype to alexyakunin or dmitri.maximov
- GTalk to alex.yakunin at GMail dot com
- Call +7 922 222 7300
- For regular inquiries, please write to info, sales or firstname.lastname@example.org.