The following map defines new pricing model we're going to introduce in June\July:
We tried to develop a model with good balance between several factors:
- Our base prices must be comparable with key competitors; but final per-developer price must be lower.
- The model should be explicitely designed to maximize the price of each purchase; but options we offer should be anyway be more attractive from the point of full price in comparison to competitors.
- Since we're going to explicitly check hardware (HW) licenses, number of prepaid licenses must be determined basing on fact we provide 2 or 3 HW licenses for each developer: two for office and home PCs and one more - for CI/testing agent, if it is a team pack.
- There should be a cheap option for companies or persons that would like to try a product in action, or currently have just a single project where it can be used.
- Current Enterprise license will be upgraded to Ultmate edition;
- Current Personal license will be upgraded to Solo Professional edition;
- Any other license will be upgraded to Professional edition.
Any comments are welcome. This isn't final version, so your comments may affect on its final look.